Learn how to host an epic vegetarian BBQ this summer with 8 delicious recipes and my recommendation for the best plant-based burger! Thank you Beyond Meat for sponsoring this post. Try The Beyond Burger today! The Future of Protein. Made from Plants.
Are you an omnivore or a carnivore?
Either way, I think everyone can benefit from more plant-based meals in their life. And what better time to do that than the summer?
Summer, to me, is all about fresh produce, lighter and healthier eats, and grilling anything and everything possible.
I recently discovered my new favorite plant-based burgers, which I will share with you below, in addition to 8 of my favorite vegetarian side dishes, salads, and desserts to include in a vegetarian BBQ or summer get-together.
Here are my tips for throwing an epic vegetarian BBQ:
- Serve The Beyond Burger from Beyond Meat. Trust me. (More on that below!) It’s great on the grill!
- Keep it simple. Shop your local farmers market to pick up fresh fruit and veggies and let the produce shine.
- Get creative. Create a side dish or recipe that’s just a little unexpected, like grilled watermelon or a salad dressed with a grilled lemon vinaigrette. (Recipes below.)
- Think beyond the corn. What other vegetarian goodies can you grill up? Think: grilled halloumi cheese (yum), grilled pineapple or other fruits, charred cauliflower steaks, grilled romaine for your salad, and fun skewers.
- Check out current trends. There are always so many new things happening in the plant-based food world. Try your hand at something new like Carrot Hot Dogs, grilled pizzas, or grilled zucchini roll-ups.
- Keep it lighter. Take the opportunity to create some healthier dishes. Make potato salad sans mayo and swap it for a tasty vinaigrette or create a healthier version of Hawaiian Macaroni Salad using protein-packed Greek yogurt (both recipes below).
- Save room for dessert. Consider taking the time to create a special dessert, like seasonal fruit-focused hand pies or fudgy coconut brownies. Keep dessert hand-held and individual to keep things casual (and for less dishes/easy clean-up).
Now, let’s learn about my favorite plant-based burger, and get cooking!…