Ahi Tuna Protein Poke Bowls are full of bright, fresh umami flavors. These gluten-free bowls get an extra dose of protein thanks to an organic protein rice blend with brown jasmine rice, red quinoa, and lentils. Mahalo!
For the Poke:
- 1 pound sushi-grade Yellowfin ahi tuna, cubed
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or Tamari)
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon togarashi seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of Hawaiian sea salt
For the Bowls:
- 1 cup dry Village Harvest Organic Protein Blend
- 1/2 cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Fresh lime
- Nori seaweed flakes, togarashi, or furikake, for sprinkling
Marinate the Ahi:
- Place cold, cubed ahi tuna in a medium bowl. Whisk together the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, togarashi, grated ginger, chives, salt, and red pepper flakes. Pour the sauce over the ahi and stir very well, but gently, to combine. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate the ahi for 30 minutes.
Assemble the Bowls:
- While the ahi is chilling, cook 1 cup of the dry rice blend according to package directions.
- Divide the rice amongst four bowls.
- Divide the marinated ahi poke between the bowls.
- Top the poke bowls with your desired choice of toppings, such as thinly sliced mango, avocado, cucumber, sesame seeds, fresh cilantro, and macadamia nuts. Squeeze with a wedge of fresh lime and sprinkle with either togarashi, furikake, or nori seaweed flakes. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Poke bowl (recipe makes 4)
- Calories: 557
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 267mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40.9g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 40g
- Cholesterol: 48mg