Beef Stroganoff Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are creamy, delicious, and low-carb!
- 5 large Portobello mushrooms
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces baby bella or button mushrooms, diced
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup high-quality beef broth or bone broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Sea salt + pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Clean the Portobello mushrooms and carefully remove the stems and gills. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes, gill side up. Remove from the oven and carefully drain any liquid that has formed.
- Heat the other 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet. When hot, add the shallot and cook until softened. Add in the garlic, beef, and chopped mushrooms. Season with sea salt and pepper. Crumble the beef with a wooden spoon and brown.
- Sprinkle the tablespoon of flour over the browned beef and softened vegetables. Stir and cook the flour about 3 minutes. The flour will serve as a roux when combined with the beef fat.
- Add the broth and stir. Bring the broth to a simmer and stir in the Worcestershire and mustard. Let the broth simmer until thickened. Once the mixture is thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and the fresh dill. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Mix the Panko and Parmesan together in a small bowl. Divide the beef mixture and stuff into the 5 mushrooms. Top with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms until the top is crispy and browned and the mushroom is softened, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional fresh dill, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed mushroom
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 400mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 52mg