Brie and Bourbon Bacon Jam Crescent Rolls are a delicious appetizer or addition to your holiday table. Bacon jam is impressive, loaded with flavor, and easier to make than you’d think.
For the Bacon Jam:
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
For the Rolls:
- 2 packages Immaculate Baking Co. organic crescent rolls (16 rolls)
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and pepper
- Melted butter
- Make the bacon jam. Saute the diced bacon in a deep saute pan until cooked and crispy. Drain the bacon using a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate. Leave 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan, discarding the rest.
- Add in the shallot and onion and cook over medium-low heat until completely softened and starting to caramelize a bit. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add in the garlic.
- Return the bacon back to the pan and add in the maple syrup, bourbon, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, and paprika. Stir until everything is combined well. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer and then turn the heat to low. Cook the bacon jam, stirring often, until sticky, jam-like, and all of the liquid is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Assemble the rolls. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll and separate the dough into triangles. Spread each triangle with a tablespoon of softened Brie cheese. Spread a heaping tablespoon of the bacon jam on top of the cheese. Sprinkle generously with chopped fresh rosemary and some fresh cracked black pepper.
- Roll the triangles, starting at the widest end, to form crescent rolls. Place an inch apart on baking sheets, curving slightly to form the shape and pinching together any loose or open edges.
- Bake the rolls until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter. Immediately sprinkle with additional fresh rosemary and chopped pecans. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 26mg