These Chinese Five Spice Chocolate Truffles are a unique and incredibly simple dessert. Just four ingredients create a delicious and decadent truffle.
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- In a small saucepan, whisk the heavy cream with the five spice powder. Bring the cream to a simmer, remove from the heat, and cover. Let the mixture steep for 15 minutes.
- Bring the cream and spice mixture to a simmer again. Once simmering, strain through a fine mesh strainer and pour over the chocolate. Let sit a minute, and then whisk until combined.
- Cover the mixture with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When the ganache is firm enough to scoop, scoop or spoon the mixture into small balls. Do this step quickly as the truffles will begin to melt from the heat of your hands. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the rolled truffles for a few hours or overnight, then roll them in the cocoa powder, shaking the excess off. Serve right away, or keep stored in the fridge. Enjoy!