Goat Cheese Smoked Salmon Puff Pastry Bites are an elegant and impressive appetizer perfect for entertaining. They’re even better when paired with some bubbly!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water)
- 4 ounces mixed herb goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus more for serving
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the puff pastry. Using a rolling pin, lightly roll the sheet of thawed puff pastry on a floured surface to smooth out the creases. Cut the puff pastry into circles, using a 1 1/2″ or 2″ round cutter. (You could also use a metal 1/4 measuring cup.) Score the center with a smaller cutter or a metal tablespoon, piercing the center all over with a fork. Space the circles an inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets and brush with egg wash. Bake until evenly browned, rotating the tray once halfway through, about 12 minutes. Let the pastry cool before filling.*
- Make the goat cheese filling. Stir the room temperature cream cheese, herb goat cheese, lemon zest, and dill together until evenly mixed. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Assemble the bites. Pipe the goat cheese filling into the center of each puff pastry bite (I used a star tip). Slice the salmon into thin strips and roll into a loose rose or spiral. Place the salmon spiral on top of the goat cheese. Garnish the bites with additional lemon zest, fresh dill, and capers. Enjoy!
*If your puff pastry rounds rise too much in the center, simply take the back of a metal tablespoon and create a little ‘well’ by pushing the tablespoon into the cooked pastry.
- Serving Size: 2 pastry bites
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 18mg