Patatas bravas are a classic tapas addition. Here, we cheat a little when making garlic aioli for a super easy, delicious dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme and parsley
- Spanish paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup high-quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Make the Garlic Aioli: Combine the pressed garlic, mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt and pepper to taste in a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Allow the aioli to sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This can be made ahead.
- Make the Patatas Bravas: Boil the fingerling potatoes in salted water until they are just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and let dry.
- Carefully slice the potatoes in half lengthwise once they are cooled.
- Heat a cast iron pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil until very hot. Work in batches (don’t overcrowd the pan) and fry up the potatoes until each side is crispy and evenly browned, about 2 minutes per side. Using tongs, transfer the potatoes to drain on paper towels, and while they are still very hot, sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, paprika, and fresh thyme.
- Serve the potatoes immediately while still warm on a bed of fresh parsley, sprinkled with additional parsley and thyme. Serve with the aioli. Enjoy!