These goat cheese quesadillas are gooey, filling, and loaded with delicious roasted vegetables.
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese, plus more for garnish
- Olive oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Goat cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice peppers and onions into thin strips. In a bowl, toss the vegetables with sea salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Lay in one even layer on a large greased or foil-lined roasting pan. Roast vegetables for 15 minutes, toss, and another 10-15 or so more, until tender and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini into thin coins, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and lay flat on another greased or foil-lined baking sheet. Roast zucchini in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Prepare the quesadillas. Heat a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, place a tortilla, topped with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese evenly spread on the bottom, a handful of roasted vegetables evenly spread, 1 tablespoon goat cheese, a heavy pinch of fresh cilantro, and another tablespoon of mozzarella cheese on top. Place another tortilla on top and press.
- Cook the quesadilla for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until cheese melts and tortilla becomes crispy to your liking.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and cut into fours. Top quesadilla with guacamole, fresh cilantro, and a sprinkling of goat cheese. Enjoy!