These Smashed Chickpea and Goat Cheese Wraps are the perfect healthy weekday lunch! Great for meal prepping, these wraps are filled with fiber, protein, greens, and a little crunch.
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Microgreens or sprouts
- Wrap or bread of choice: gluten-free wraps, whole-grain bread, pita, tortilla, etc.
- In a medium-sized bowl, lightly smash the chickpeas with the olive oil, sea salt, and pepper using the back of a large fork or potato masher. Keep a fourth of the chickpeas whole.
- Mix in the olives, red peppers, celery, lemon juice, lemon zest, basil, and turmeric.
- Gently fold in the goat cheese crumbles.
- Spread the chickpea salad on your wrap, bread, or pita of choice and top with a heaping handful of microgreens or sprouts.
- Serving Size: 1 of 4 (just chickpea salad without wrap or bread)
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg