If you like Pina Coladassss…and getting caught in the rain.
I do. I like both of those things.
I also like bright, delicious, tropical pineapple green smoothies that take me back to Oahu. Especially on dreary, overcast Pacific Northwest days.
This smoothie is just that.
Not only does it taste like Hawaii in a glass, it’s incredibly healthy and packed with lots of good-for-you things. Kale, pineapple, coconut oil, and Chia seeds, to name a few.
It’s only about 125 calories per serving, has tons of fiber, a helping of protein, and lots and lots of calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin C. Gimme.
Tip for adding coconut oil to smoothies: To avoid the clumping that can sometimes happen, gently heat the coconut oil until liquid (but not hot), and slowly drizzle in the oil while the smoothie is blending, much like how you would make a vinaigrette.
Enjoy this dairy-free, yummy, summery, bright green smoothie. Aloha.
- 4 ounces kale (about half a bunch)
- 16 ounces frozen or fresh pineapple*
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lime, squeezed and zested
- 2½ cups cold, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- Blend the almond milk, banana, pineapple, kale, and lime juice/zest together.
- Melt the coconut oil until it is melted, but not hot. Slowly pour into the smoothie while it is mixing to avoid clumping of the oil.
- Sprinkle the Chia seeds on top of each smoothie glass.
*Use frozen pineapple and frozen banana to make this smoothie frosty-cold goodness. If using fresh pineapple, you may want to add ice.