This Strawberry Balsamic Smoothie Bowl is creamy, delicious, and packed with vitamins, plant protein, and fiber. A touch of balsamic vinegar adds a unique flavor to this healthy, fruit-filled breakfast.
For the Balsamic Strawberries:
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of freshly cracked pepper
- Fresh mint
For the Smoothie Bowl:
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup Silk unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Silk vanilla soy yogurt
- Chia seeds, ground flax, fresh mint, and balsamic strawberries
Macerate the strawberries:
- Combine the strawberries, maple syrup, freshly cracked pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Make the smoothie:
- Blend the strawberries, banana, yogurt, and almond milk in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
Assemble the bowls:
- Divide the smoothie between two bowls. Top each bowl with 1 tablespoon each of ground flax and chia seeds. Chiffonade some fresh mint and gently stir into the balsamic strawberries. Divide the strawberries between each bowl and drizzle with some of the balsamic-maple syrup. Garnish the smoothie bowl with additional fresh mint. Enjoy!