This savory Za’atar Roasted Garlic Feta Dip is the perfect summer appetizer and simply bursting with flavor!
For the Za’atar:
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Or, buy it. See notes.
For the Roasted Garlic Oil:
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 cup quality olive oil
For the Dip:
- 6 ounces feta, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 3 tablespoons garlic oil, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons za’atar, plus more for serving
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, optional
Make the Za’atar:
Combine all of the ingredients and set aside.
Make the Roasted Garlic Oil:
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small oven-safe pan, combine the peeled, halved garlic cloves and the olive oil. The oil should cover the cloves. Roast until the garlic is just golden, about 13-15 minutes. Let the garlic oil cool completely in the pan, and then strain and discard the cloves. You will have 4 tablespoons of garlic oil, 3 for the recipe and 1 for drizzling.
Make the Dip:
- Whiz the feta in a food processor until very small bits remain. Add in the garlic oil and cream cheese and process until very smooth and creamy. Be sure that your feta and cream cheese are at room temperature. Season with a bit of sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Remove the feta dip from the processor and into a bowl. Stir in the lemon zest, za’atar, and chopped fresh parsley (if using; to taste).
- Garnish the dip with the additional tablespoon of garlic oil and a sprinkling of za’atar. Serve immediately with your favorite vegetables or crackers.
If making the dip ahead of time, allow the feta dip to come to room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 221