These Apple Blondies are made with brown sugar, applesauce, fresh apples, pure vanilla, and a touch of cinnamon. A honey and whiskey-laced Hot Toddy Glaze crowns this delicious fall treat!
For the Apple Blondies:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup North Coast Organic applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely diced apples
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
For the Hot Toddy Glaze:
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon whiskey (optional)*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Pour into a bowl and whisk in the brown sugar until completely incorporated. Whisk in the applesauce and vanilla. Then whisk in the egg (ensuring the butter mixture is not too hot).
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the apples and pecans, if using.
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Oil lightly. Spread the mixture evenly into the pan and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Let the blondies cool and prepare the glaze. Mix all of the ingredients together until combined. If not using whiskey, substitute it for apple juice or milk. Add more sugar if you would like the glaze thicker, or more milk if you would like it thinner.
- Cut the blondes into 9 squares and drizzle with the glaze. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
You can substitute whiskey for equal parts apple juice or milk.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 277
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg