This Caramelized Goat Cheese and Strawberry Spinach Salad is fresh, easy, and the perfect light summer meal.
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Salad:
- One bunch watercress leaves, trimmed and washed
- 5 ounces baby spinach, washed
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted, salted almonds
- 5 oz goat cheese log (Suggested: Laura Chenel Honey Goat Cheese)
Make the Dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigiriously until completely combined. You will not need all of this dressing. You can cut the recipe in half, or store the leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
Assemble the Salad:
- Combine the watercress leaves, spinach, sliced strawberries, and chopped almonds. Toss.
- Slice the goat cheese into thick slices. Freeze the goat cheese for 15 minutes if the goat cheese is too soft so that it doesn’t melt when it gets torched.
- Sprinkle each goat cheese slice with an even coat of raw sugar. Caramelize the sugar evenly with a kitchen blowtorch. Do this on a glass plate.
- Toss the salad with a few tablespoons of the dressing to taste. Carefully use a spatula to lift the pieces of goat cheese and place on top.