Coconut Citrus Energy Bites are wholesome little pick-me-ups. Vegan, gluten-free, and packed with fiber and protein, they also make great pre- or post-workout snacks.
- 8 ounces soft Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut (plus more for rolling)
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- Zest of 1 orange + 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon each of lemon and orange juice
- 1/4 cup raw cashew butter
- Pinch salt
- In a food processor, process the pitted and chopped Medjool dates until they are in very small pieces and form a ball.
- To the dates, add the oats, shredded coconut, Chia seeds, flax, citrus zest, citrus juice, cashew butter, and salt. Process everything until it is thoroughly combined and the ‘dough’ forms a ball and comes together. No need to over-process, you want to still be able to see small pieces of date and oats.
- Form into small balls, you should get about 12-15 depending on the size you make them.
- Roll in shredded coconut and store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!