These Coconut Lime Paleo Donuts are delicious, healthier donuts made without flour, dairy, or refined sugar. Topped with a creamy coconut-lime glaze.
For the Donuts:
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup GoBeyond coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
For the Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Freshly grated lime zest
- Coconut sugar
Make the Donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two donut pans with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, and eggs until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the flour mixture, alternating with the coconut milk, until the batter is thoroughly mixed and combined.
- Fill the donut molds using a piping bag or a spoon until 3/4 full. Bake until the donuts spring back when touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 17-18 minutes. Let cool.
Make the Glaze:
- Whisk together coconut oil, coconut milk, honey, and lime juice until combined. Refrigerate the glaze until thick and glazing consistency, about 30-45 minutes.**
- Glaze the donuts and top with freshly grated lime zest, shredded coconut, and coconut sugar.
*Read the blog post above for tips on paleo baking powder.
**Stir the glaze in the fridge every 10 minutes or so to evenly chill and thicken the glaze.