These dairy-free pumpkin muffins are made with coconut oil, whole wheat flour and natural sweeteners.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine both flours, spices, salt and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil and measure out 1/4 cup in a bowl. Whisk in agave nectar and molasses until combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Add pumpkin puree.
- Whisk in the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the almond milk. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into 8 muffin cups. Top with pepitas, if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.