Savory, rich duck confit is paired with a fresh cherry-orange salsa for a decadent, delicious, and different taco.
- 12 ounces duck confit
- Jicama slices
- Corn or authentic flour tortillas
For the Avocado Mousse:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 6 ounces avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- Sea salt, pepper, and cayenne, to taste
For the Orange-Cherry Salsa:
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 ounces fire-roasted chiles
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the salsa: Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and set aside in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Make the marinade: Combine all of the ingredients in a mason jar and shake vigorously until combined.
- Make the avocado mousse: Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor until creamy and smooth. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Make the tacos: In a hot pan, heat up the prepared duck confit until hot. Add some of the marinade. Place the duck confit in warm tortillas and top with the salsa, avocado mousse, and sliced jicama. Drizzle with a little more marinade. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Leftover marinade makes a great salad dressing to a simple side salad.