This easy Nicoise Salad includes tuna in extra virgin olive oil, fingerling potatoes, soft-boiled eggs, salty olives, fresh green beans, and a simple vinaigrette.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 eggs
- 10 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 6 cups greens (romaine, butter lettuce, and/or arugula)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted olives
- 4 StarKist Selects E.V.O.O.® Tuna Pouches (10.4 ounces total)
- 1 large cucumber, sliced, optional
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil, optional
- 1/4 cup capers, optional
- 1/4 cup sliced raw or pickled red onions, optional
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a mason jar, combine the olive oil, Dijon, lemon juice, and honey. Season with sea salt and pepper and shake vigorously to combine and emulsify. Set aside.
- Carefully add the eggs to the boiling water and boil 7 minutes for a soft-boiled egg. Remove the eggs using a slotted spoon and cool under cold running water. Halve when cool.
- Add the green beans and potatoes to the boiling water. Cook the green beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes, and transfer into an ice bath. Cook the potatoes until fork-tender, 12-15 minutes, and transfer to the ice bath. Slice the potatoes in half once cooled.
- Assemble the salad. Fill a large bowl with salad greens. On top of the greens, arrange the eggs, green beans, potatoes, olives, tuna, and optional ingredients (if using).
- Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette over the entire salad and season with sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 4.4g
- Sodium: 474mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 129mg