These Gluten-Free Gingerbread Corgi Cookies are almost too cute to eat… almost! You can cut this versatile gluten-free gingerbread recipe into any shape you’d like. They’re soft, chewy, and delicious.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free cup-for-cup flour (such as Cup4Cup or Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Cinnamon sugar and egg whites, for topping
- In the bowl of an electric standing mixer, cream together the room temperature butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and beat until combined, followed by the molasses and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour with the salt, baking soda, and all of the spices.
- Add the flour in 2-3 additions, mixing until thoroughly incorporated but not over-mixing, scraping the bottom of the bowl in between additions.
- Divide the dough into two balls and wrap in plastic wrap, flattening each ball into a round disk. Refrigerate the dough overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take the dough out of the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature until it is workable.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to about 1/4-3/8 inch thick. Cut the cookies out with your desired shape/cutter and place the cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Brush the cookies with a thin layer of egg wash (just egg whites work better here) and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the cookies 8-12 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the cookie. The cookie should be golden around the edges and soft in the center.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely and enjoy!
To keep the shape of the cookie, you can place in the freezer for 5 minutes before baking to ensure they don’t spread too much.
- Serving Size: 1 of 20
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: .6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg