We’re celebrating Cocoa on the blog today with gluten-free peanut butter dog treats. These treats are gluten-free and made with oat and coconut flour, pumpkin, peanut butter, and coconut oil.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 3/4 cups coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour*
For the Glaze (optional):
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, peanut butter, melted coconut oil, honey, and pumpkin until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the baking soda, oat flour, and coconut flour until incorporated.
- Stir the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture until thoroughly combined and a dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two disks and wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to about 1/4″ thick. Cut out cookies using any small cutter of choice.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until golden and firm, about 20 minutes (this will vary on the size of your cutter).
- Let the cookies cool. If using the glaze, whisk the peanut butter and melted coconut oil until combined. Drizzle over the cookies.
- Store cookies in the refrigerator.
*I make my own oat flour by simply blending oats in a food processor or blender into a powdery flour.