This Creamy Mexican Fiesta Dip is lightened-up by using creamy Greek yogurt and plenty of fresh veggies, but still just as delicious! This post is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission Organics®. All opinions are entirely my own.
Nothing beats a good dip.
Guacamole. Hummus. Ranch dip. A good cheese dip. Love them all.
Dips are the quintessential crowd-pleaser. The perfect finger-food, and they’re always super easy to put together.
But not always the healthiest choice. That’s why I decided to lighten-up this Creamy Mexican Fiesta Dip. This dip makes for a perfect combination with Mission Organics Tortilla Chips.
What’s a great dip without a great chip, right?
That’s why I use the best I can find and my favorite here: Mission Organics Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips. Not only are they incredibly high on the ‘Yum Factor’ (love that touch of sea salt!), they are also USDA organic certified, certified gluten-free, non-GMO project verified, and made without any artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors. All things that are very important to me when it comes to choosing food. Plus, they’re seriously so delicious. I can eat them without any dip or salsa, but pairing them with a great dip certainly doesn’t hurt.
Mission Organics is my new favorite for tortillas and corn chips!
A Mexican Fiesta Dip is something I remember eating at one of my favorite local Mexican restaurants in New York. Of course, their version was made with crema (or sour cream), but it was delicious. It was loaded with lots of spices and great flavors.
There are a lot of variations on a basic Mexican Fiesta Dip. Some include sour cream, some have cream cheese or mayo. For this one I make it exclusively with Greek yogurt.
And it really comes out super creamy. I promise, you won’t miss the mayo or sour cream!
The dip has tons of spices, from chipotle powder to cumin. Fresh cilantro adds a pack of brightness. Jalapeños bring some welcomed heat, while crunchy bell pepper adds great texture. It pairs incredibly well with Mission Organics® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips.
And of course, there’s a bit of cheese.
This dip is loaded with protein, fiber, and gut-friendly probiotics.
If you love these Mission Organics Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips (& you will!), check out the Mission Organics Flour Tortillas, too. They are also made with all the components you will find in the tortilla chips. You can grab them right in the tortilla section (available nationally). This dip would also make a fantastic accompaniment to your favorite burrito. Use it in place of sour cream for even more flavor.
What are your favorite dips? Let us know in the comments below. We hope you make and love this Creamy Mexican Fiesta Dip! See where you can get Mission Organics near you and visit their website for more recipe inspiration!Print
This Mexican Fiesta Dip is lightened-up by using creamy Greek yogurt and plenty of fresh veggies, but is still just as delicious!
- Mission Organics® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced, seeded cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped jarred jalapeños or green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- For topping: pico de gallo, jalapeños, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes
- Stir the Greek yogurt with the fresh cilantro, garlic powder, chipotle powder, onion powder, cumin, sea salt, and pepper until well-combined.
- Gently stir in the bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, jalapeños, and cheddar cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate the dip for one hour.
- Put the dip into a serving bowl and top with pico de gallo, jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, and more cilantro. Serve with Mission Organics® Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving (of 8)
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 13mg