This nutty, chocolate Keto Bone Broth Smoothie is packed with 27g of protein and only 6g net carbs. This post is brought to you in collaboration with Naked Nutrition.
How to Make a Low-Carb Protein Shake
Smoothies are an amazing way to get a generous serving of protein, fiber, and nutrients in a convenient glass. However, smoothies are always typically loaded with fruit and sugar and not generally a low-carb option. But is it possible to get the nutritious benefits of smoothies without the carbs?
Yes. Cue this keto bone broth smoothie. This keto protein shake is packed with nutrients, 55% of your daily recommended protein, and only 6g net carbs.
keto bone broth smoothie nutrients
- 27g protein
- 6g net carbs
- 8g fiber
- 41% DV of calcium
- 26% DV of vitamin D
- 68% DV of vitamin E
- Excellent source of magnesium, potassium, zinc, vitamin K, and B vitamins
- Good source of vitamins A and C
How to Use Bone Broth Protein
I discuss the benefits of bone broth on the blog and use it all of the time in savory recipes, soups, and stews.
But there’s a new way to reap the benefits of bone broth, and it’s easier than ever. Bone broth protein powder is loaded with protein and can be conveniently used in smoothies, shakes, your favorite recipes, or even just mixed with hot or cold water.
Health Benefits of bone broth powder
- Increases natural collagen production
- Supports gut health
- Supports nail, skin, and joint health
- Helps to promote muscle growth and recovery after exercise
- Great, easy way to add protein to your diet
- TIP: Look for a quality brand with pure ingredients such as Naked
I love Naked Bone Broth Protein Powder, which contains only one ingredient and is truly “naked.” It’s made from 100% European beef bones and undergoes a chemical-free processing that retains maximum nutrients and helps with absorption. Two scoops of this bone broth powder adds 20g of protein to your favorite soups, stews, smoothies, or water (it makes a nice, simple sipping broth!).
Naked Nutrition Promo Code
Get 20% off your first order of Naked Nutrition here and get matched with the perfect products for you.
How to Make This Keto Bone Broth Smoothie
For this smoothie, you will need:
- Bone broth protein
- Unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- Avocado (freeze the avocado in advance or use frozen avocado chunks, which makes this smoothie super creamy)
- Unsweetened cocoa powder or cocao powder
- Almond butter or peanut butter
- Keto-friendly sweetener (see recipe notes)
We hope that you make and enjoy this Keto Bone Broth Smoothie! What is your favorite way to use bone broth protein? Let us know in the comments below.Print
Keto Bone Broth Smoothie
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 smoothie 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
This nutty, chocolate Keto Bone Broth Smoothie is packed with 27g of protein and only 6 net carbs.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1–2 scoops bone broth protein
- 1/2 avocado, frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon keto-friendly sweetener*
- Cinnamon, for topping
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Top with ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
*The sweetener is optional, but this smoothie will benefit from a bit of keto-friendly sweetener. I like using Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup here, which I think pairs well with the nut butter, bone broth, and cocoa.
Leave a Reply