This Salmon Caesar Salad is simple, fresh, and keto-friendly. This delicious salad comes together in just a few minutes with a quick keto Caesar salad dressing.
For the dressing:
- 2 anchovies packed in olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup high-quality mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Cheese Crisps:
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- Black pepper
For the Salad:
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4 pouches StarKist E.V.O.O.™ Wild-Caught Pink Salmon in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cheese crisps, for serving
- Grated Romano, for serving
- Caesar dressing
Make the Cheese Crisps:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the grated cheese on the baking sheet and gently flatten the mounds to form circles. Make 12 cheese circles and sprinkle them with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake until crisp and golden, about 5 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. Let cool and use a small offset spatula to lift them from the tray once cool.
Make the Dressing:
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind the anchovies and garlic with a generous pinch of sea salt. Form a smooth paste.
- Whisk the paste into the mayonnaise. Whisk in the mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the Salad:
- Toss the lettuce with the cucumbers and your desired amount of dressing.
- Evenly divide the lettuce between 6 bowls and top with an even amount of salmon, radish, avocado, and 2 cheese crisps. Garnish with additional grated cheese.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 977mg
- Fat: 40g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Cholesterol: 45mg