Loaded Potato Breakfast Burritos are a delicious and easy breakfast idea, perfect for make-ahead meal prep. With all the tasty fixin’s of your typical loaded baked potato, these can be made healthier with a few simple swaps.
- 6 ounces turkey bacon or uncured bacon, diced
- 2 cups diced gold potatoes or rutabaga (or 1 cup of each)
- 4 eggs
- 4 Mission® Carb Balance Tortillas
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Additional topping ideas (optional): salsa, diced fresh tomatoes, guacamole, and/or shredded lettuce
- In a sauté pan or cast iron skillet, sauté the diced bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat (or use olive oil) and sauté the diced potatoes or rutabaga until tender and caramelized. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and form a ‘hole’ in the center of the pan, pouring the eggs in and scrambling them. Cook until the eggs are cooked through.
- Warm the tortillas between two damp paper towels in the microwave for 35 seconds.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt on each tortilla. Fill with the potato/rutabaga and egg mixture. Top with the crisp bacon and 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with the chopped chives and roll the burrito. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 31g