Maple Whiskey Spiced Cider, infused with warm autumn spices, is a cozy fall libation.
- 6 cups organic, unsweetened 100% apple juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 15 whole cloves
- 3 long strips orange peel
- juice of half an orange
- 2 inch chunk of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup maple whiskey (I used Jim Bean)
- Combine the organic, unsweetened 100% apple juice with the cinnamon sticks, cloves, peeled ginger, freshly grated nutmeg and honey in a pot. Using a peeler, peel a few nice, long strips of the orange and add it along with the juice from half the orange.
- Bring the juice to a simmer; simmer for a minute and remove from heat. Let the juice sit and infuse for 25 minutes.*
- Strain the apple juice through a fine mesh strainer, reserving the cinnamon sticks for garnish. Add the whiskey and heat until warm.
- Pour into mugs, placing a cinnamon stick into each mug. Garnish with a slice of apple. Enjoy!
*You want to take it off the heat because you don’t want to reduce it, which will make it syrupy and too sweet, you just want to infuse the spices.