These Olive and Goat Cheese bites are the perfect appetizer. Salty, savory, and creamy, their flavor is elevated by fresh lemon and herbs.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted (according to package instructions)
- 2 jars Pearls® Specialties Garlic Stuffed Olives
- 8 ounces Garlic and Herb Goat Cheese, room temperature
- 6 ounces thinly-sliced Prosciutto di Parma
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the sheet of puff pastry to smooth out the creases and make it a touch thinner. Cut each puff pastry sheet into 1 1/2″ squares using a pizza cutter. Place the squares on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Place about 1/2 tablespoon of goat cheese in the middle of each square, leaving room around the edges. Cut the prosciutto into long, thin ribbons and wrap around each garlic-stuffed olive. Place the prosciutto-wrapped olive on top of the goat cheese, pressing down.
- Bake the squares until puffed and golden, about 13-15 minutes.
- Brush the squares with olive oil and using a microplane grater, grate fresh lemon zest on top of each square. Sprinkle the squares with fresh thyme leaves. Enjoy!
To make these bites into rustic tarts instead, just cut each puff pastry sheet into 3 rectangles along the creased lines. Spread the center with a layer of the goat cheese, leaving 1/2″ of border around the edges. Stud with the prosciutto-wrapped olives. I like to place mine in rows of 2-3 olives, making it easy to slice a piece of the tart without cutting through an olive. Cook the tarts until golden, about 15-17 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 7mg