This Orange Sesame Tofu Stir-Fry is a simple and tasty vegetarian meal. A flavorful, easy-to-make orange-sesame sauce comes together in just minutes.
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tablespoon wild honey
- 4 tablespoons Tamari
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (plus more for serving)
- Brown rice, quinoa, or riced cauliflower, for serving
- Drain and press the tofu. Cut the tofu block into slices and spread out on several paper towels. Add more towels on top and set a cutting board or plate on top. Let sit 15 minutes to extract excess water.
- In the meantime, make the sauce. Combine the Tamari, sesame oil, orange juice and zest, honey, ginger, minced garlic, and cornstarch. Whisk well and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet until hot. Cut the tofu slices into small cubes and saute until golden and crispy. Remove the tofu from the pan and set on paper towels to drain.
- Add the other tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the bell pepper, broccoli, and shiitake mushrooms to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the vegetables are softened but still have a slight crunch.
- Whisk the sauce once more to incorporate and add the sauce and the tofu back to the pan. Cook until the sauce bubbles and thickens. Add in toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve the stir-fry over your choice of rice and top with additional toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil.