These Pistachio Shortbread Cookies are buttery, nutty, and dipped in rich dark chocolate. A great holiday cookie, these shortbread also make fantastic gifts!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted, salted pistachios
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- Using a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter with the brown sugar until lightened. Add in the vanilla.
- Stir together the flour and salt and add in the flour mixture in 3 additions, until just combined. Add the pistachios and chocolate chips and mix again until just combined.
- The mixture should look a bit crumbly, but should hold together when you press it or clump it together.
- Transfer the dough out on to a very lightly floured work surface. Work the dough until it comes together and shape it into a log that is 2 inches wide. Wrap the log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and line baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove the log from the refrigerator and using a serrated knife, slice into 1/2″ cookies.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet about an inch apart (they should not spread). Bake until slightly golden at the edges, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave, using 10 second intervals and stirring in between. Drizzle the cooled cookies with the chocolate and sprinkle with pistachios. Transfer the cookies to the freezer for a few minutes until the chocolate is set.
You can make the dough for these cookies ahead of time. Keep the log tightly wrapped in plastic in the refrigerator for up to 5 days before slicing and baking.
Once baked, store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 16mg