This Vegan Pasta Salad is full of bright, savory, briny, and delicious flavors. A easy homemade zesty Italian vinaigrette brings it all together.
- 1 pound dry short pasta, such as rotini
- 1 small bunch asparagus
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and make the dressing.
- In a mason jar or medium bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic powder, oregano, basil, crushed red pepper, sugar, salt, and pepper. Shake vigorously (if using a mason jar) or whisk until combined.
- Add the chopped red onion to the dressing and allow to sit (to mellow).
- Cook the pasta in the water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Rinse the pasta under cold water. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the same pot of water and cook until just tender but still bright green, about 6 minutes. Plunge the asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking. Once cool, chop.
- Add the asparagus, cherry tomatoes, olives, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, beans, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh parsley to the pasta. Add the dressing and toss until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt as needed.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 36.7g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 7.3g