These healthy and raw Almond and Cocao Energy Bites are a snap to make and require no cooking! A perfect pre- or post-workout snack, portable pick-me-up, or healthy sweet treat.
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey (agave for vegan)
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cocao
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate mini chips
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, almond butter, and honey. Stir to mix very well.
- Stir or whisk in the cocao and combine until completely mixed with no lumps.
- Add in the flax, oats, chia seeds, and sea salt. Stir (or mix with your hands) until the mixture is combined well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- If the mixture is too wet to work with, place in the freezer for 5 minutes before rolling.
- Roll the mixture into 1″ energy bites. Place in the freezer until firm, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.*
*Keep in the fridge for a week. Store in the freezer for a month and defrost bites as you need them. These thaw quickly.
- Serving Size: 1 energy bite
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg