This Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Bacon recipe comes from my friend Genevieve’s new cookbook: The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook: 100+ Easy Recipes for Busy People on the Paleo Diet. The Roasted Cauliflower Soup is creamy, easy, paleo, and Whole30-compliant.
How much do I love cauliflower? A lot. Almost as much as I love bacon.
I always have cauliflower around. I turn it into rice for stir-fries, I mix it 50/50 with potatoes for a hearty mash, and I make it into the creamiest sauce for Mac and Cheese. This veggie does it all.
I especially love making cauliflower soup. It’s cozy, creamy, and not super guilty. And I think I’ve found my new favorite.
This recipe in The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook uses roasted cauliflower, which is genius, and gives the soup so much more flavor. The soup also includes bacon (!) and coconut cream. It’s delicious, easy to make, and paleo and Whole30-friendly.
This Roasted Cauliflower Soup recipe was so easy and I will be making it again and again.
There’s plenty of other amazing sounding recipes in The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook that I can’t wait to try.
And, good news! I’m giving away a copy of this cookbook on Instagram right now! Head over to my Instagram to win a free copy of this cookbook before it’s even released.
For everyone else, the cookbook hits shelves November 20th but you can pre-order it now.
How do you make Roasted Cauliflower Soup?
This easy 5-ingredient recipe comes together in just a few steps. Cauliflower gets roasted in the oven until golden to give this soup amazing flavor. Bacon gets cooked until crispy and then combines with the cauliflower, full-fat coconut cream, chicken stock, and garlic.
It’s one of my go-to easy weeknight meals for the fall!
I hope that you make and enjoy this Roasted Cauliflower Soup with bacon! Be sure to check out The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook, available for pre-order now.Print
This Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Bacon from The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook is creamy, rich, easy, paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 (12-ounce) package nitrate-free bacon
- 2 pounds cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups full-fat coconut cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels, chop, and set aside.
- Spread the cauliflower florets evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, until crispy but not too brown.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large saucepan. Over low heat, add the chicken stock, coconut cream, and garlic. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the chopped bacon and simmer until thick and creamy, about 10 more minutes
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh herbs, if you’d like. Enjoy!
I tossed the cauliflower in a bit of the bacon fat before roasting.
I blended 3/4 of the soup because I like my cauliflower soup creamy with a little bite, and then added the bacon.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Fat: 28.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 76mg