This Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Bacon from The 5-Ingredient Paleo Cookbook is creamy, rich, easy, paleo, and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 (12-ounce) package nitrate-free bacon
- 2 pounds cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups full-fat coconut cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels, chop, and set aside.
- Spread the cauliflower florets evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, until crispy but not too brown.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large saucepan. Over low heat, add the chicken stock, coconut cream, and garlic. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the chopped bacon and simmer until thick and creamy, about 10 more minutes
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh herbs, if you’d like. Enjoy!
I tossed the cauliflower in a bit of the bacon fat before roasting.
I blended 3/4 of the soup because I like my cauliflower soup creamy with a little bite, and then added the bacon.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Fat: 28.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 76mg