Roasted Vegetable Goat Cheese Quesadillas are a spin on the classic, but just as delicious. Full of roasted peppers, onions, zucchini, goat cheese, and mozzarella.
Happy Meatless Monday!
Okay, here’s the thing: I know that 99.9% of people dread Mondays. But, I have a confession. I’ve never really minded them. That’s probably because I have never worked a job in my 13+ years of working full-time that had weekends off. So, usually, Mondays were my Saturdays.
Even still, Mondays really aren’t so bad when you think of it. Every single Monday you get a fresh start. It’s a new week. You have the ability to make it whatever you want. The ability to choose how you feel about Mondays. You can wake up Monday morning dreading going into work. You can take action and change your situation. You can exude positivity and attract great things into your life at the fresh start of a new week.
You got this.
Especially if you make these Roasted Vegetable and Goat Cheese Quesadillas.
That will definitely make Mondays better.
I woke up today, meditated on how I felt about last night’s Game of Thrones (anyone else watch? Tell me in the comments so we can become best friends), and went to the gym for the first time in forever. I told myself that this week was going to be awesome and that I was going to go after some of the things I’ve really wanted, organize, clean my apartment, take care of myself, and be the #GirlBoss I am.
It’s hard sometimes, though. Sometimes you just want to feel down about yourself and stay that way. But, nope. Not today.
And what do girl bosses eat? I’m pretty sure they eat these quesadillas. (And all-gender-bosses, really.) These quesadillas are so, so, so delicious.
I first made these when my mom was last visiting Portland, so they always remind me of her. I’m pretty sure I just wanted to use up all the random stuff in my fridge and we were too lazy to go food shopping. We didn’t know the magic that would happen once we made these.
They are so simple, so satisfying, so delightfully different, and, yes, they are magic.
They are filled with goat cheese, mozzarella, fresh cilantro, roasted red peppers, onions, and zucchini. Simple, but full of flavor. And do you know how good guacamole and goat cheese pair together? Surprisingly: So good.
I hope you enjoy this Meatless Monday meal, and I hope that you have a fabulous week ahead.
Roasted Vegetable Goat Cheese Quesadillas
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: vegetarian
These goat cheese quesadillas are gooey, filling, and loaded with delicious roasted vegetables.
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese, plus more for garnish
- Olive oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Goat cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice peppers and onions into thin strips. In a bowl, toss the vegetables with sea salt, pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. Lay in one even layer on a large greased or foil-lined roasting pan. Roast vegetables for 15 minutes, toss, and another 10-15 or so more, until tender and starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini into thin coins, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and lay flat on another greased or foil-lined baking sheet. Roast zucchini in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- Prepare the quesadillas. Heat a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, place a tortilla, topped with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese evenly spread on the bottom, a handful of roasted vegetables evenly spread, 1 tablespoon goat cheese, a heavy pinch of fresh cilantro, and another tablespoon of mozzarella cheese on top. Place another tortilla on top and press.
- Cook the quesadilla for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until cheese melts and tortilla becomes crispy to your liking.
- Transfer the quesadilla to a cutting board and cut into fours. Top quesadilla with guacamole, fresh cilantro, and a sprinkling of goat cheese. Enjoy!
Jacquelyn Hastert says
These are just what I need for lunch today and I have everything to make them!
Sara Welch says
This was so light and filling and full of flavor! I’ll be having this again for lunch today; delicious!
These look like they’d make a really tasty lunch! Definitely making these
Erin | Dinners,Dishes and Dessert says
This looks absolutely delicious! Yummy!
WOW! These look so good I’m running out to the store as we speak to get everything I need to make them!
Katerina @ diethood .com says
Oh my, these look incredibly delicious!! A must make!
Oh wow these looks so colorful and yummy?
Lecy | A Simpler Grace says
This looks so yummy and light. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much, Lecy! 🙂
Stumbled upon this and I, EL OH VEE EE goat cheese. So yeah, I will be making these for sure.
Also, side note but I really love your site!
Thank you, Nadine! I love goat cheese, too. So good. 😉