Seared polenta rounds with ratatouille are easy to make and come together quickly. Prepared polenta gets a quick fry in olive oil to form a bed for a flavorful and healthy ratatouille.
- 2 18-ounce tubes prepared organic polenta
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
For the Ratatouille:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 23-ounce jar RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano and dried thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
- Make the ratatouille. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan until hot. Saute the onion and garlic until softened but not browned. Add the other tablespoon of olive oil and the eggplant, zucchini, and red bell pepper. Season with sea salt and pepper. Stir the mixture occasionally and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 10-12 minutes. Add in the tomato sauce and the oregano and thyme. Simmer the ratatouille for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through.
- While the ratatouille cooks, slice the polenta into 1/2″ rounds. Heat a non-stick pan until hot and sear the polenta in olive oil until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Top the polenta rounds with the ratatouille. Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy!