This Slow-Cooker Paleo Beef Stew is Whole 30 approved, dairy-free, gluten-free, and delicious! A rich, high-quality bone broth is key.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 cups beef bone broth
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 pounds red potatoes, chopped*
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos (or compliant Worcestershire)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (plus more for garnish)
- Heat a saute pan with the olive oil and brown the beef chuck until evenly browned on all sides.
- Add the browned beef to the slow-cooker with the bone broth, carrots, onion, potatoes, garlic, mushrooms, Coconut Aminos, tomato paste, and all of the seasonings except the fresh rosemary. Stir everything together.
- Cook the stew on low for 8 hours, adding in the rosemary during the last 20 minutes.
- Serve with additional fresh rosemary on top. Enjoy!
*If you don’t eat potatoes on your Paleo diet, use parsnips or sweet potatoes here instead.