Sous Vide Spiked Hot Chocolate is a fun spin on a winter favorite. Think outside the sous vide box and create a delicious, creamy cocktail.
For the Peppermint Whipped Cream:
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 drop peppermint extract
For the Spiked Hot Chocolate:
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup butterscotch schnapps
- ¼ cup dark rum or bourbon
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces high-quality 70% dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candy, for garnish
- Make the whipped cream. Using a standing or hand-held electric mixer, beat the cream and peppermint extract to stiff peaks, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Combine the milk, cream, schnapps, bourbon, sugar (if using), vanilla, and chocolate in a sous vide bag and seal.
- Cook in a water bath at 185°F (85°C) for 45 minutes, or until the chocolate is melted.
- When ready, shake the bag vigorously and transfer to a wide-mouth pitcher or glass bowl. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Pour the hot chocolate into serving glasses and top each with whipped cream. Garnish with crushed peppermint.