These 5 ingredient Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Mousse Parfaits are delicious and super easy. They contain no refined sugar or dairy and are vegan. Lightly sweetened with real vanilla bean and raw agave nectar, these fruity parfaits are a healthier, but still decadent, treat.
- 2 13.5-ounce cans of unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons (or to taste) raw agave nectar
- Place the cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Puree about a half pound of strawberries to make strawberry puree. Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer and measure out 2/3 cup.
- Make the whipped coconut cream. Remove cans from the fridge and open the cans from the bottom. Carefully drain out all of the water and reserve it to make smoothies with at a later time. You will have the solidified coconut cream left in the cans. Scoop all of this out into your standing mixer bowl.
- With the whisk attachment, whip the coconut cream until thick, fluffy, and stiff, about 3-5 minutes.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and scrape into the bowl of coconut whipped cream (save the vanilla pods to make vanilla sugar). Add the raw agave nectar and beat another 30 seconds.
- Scoop out about 1 cup of the coconut whipped cream and reserve in the fridge until ready to use. To the remaining cream, add the strawberry puree slowly while beating. Beat another few minutes until stiff and incorporated.
- Layer the parfaits. On the bottom of each glass, spoon or pipe some of the strawberry mousse. Then add a layer of sliced strawberries and blueberries. Repeat this two more times.
- Top parfaits with the reserved plain coconut whipped cream.
- Chill parfaits, covered in plastic, in the fridge for about an hour. Enjoy!