These homemade sweet potato dog treats are simply made with only three ingredients: sweet potato, cinnamon, and olive oil! Your pup will love these sweet potato chews for dogs.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- Wash your sweet potato thoroughly and then slice it into ⅓” thick slices.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush each sweet potato slice on both sides with olive oil and a light sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Flip over and bake for another 1.5 hours or until tough and chewy all the way through.
- Let cool before giving to your pooch.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
You can slice the sweet potato chews long ways or make them round like I did. If you have large dogs and need a bigger dog chew, go with long ways.
Don’t slice the potatoes too thin (thinner than 1/4″), or they will crisp in the oven and not turn out chewy.
- Serving Size: 1 chew
- Calories: 45
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg