This delicious tomato tart recipe features a buttery pâte sucrée crust and lemony ricotta filling. This recipe is from Evan Stevens, created in sponsorship with Happy Cooking Cards.
For the Crust:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
For the Filling:
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the Tomatoes:
- 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped basil
- Make the crust. In a bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, salt, and lemon zest. Work in the flour until combined. Add in the egg yolk and mix until a dough forms.
- Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let sit 10 minutes. Roll into a circle and transfer to a lightly greased 10″ tart pan. Form the dough to the bottom and sides of the pan, trimming the edges. Chill again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake the tart shell until golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Make the filling. In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta, egg, sea salt, lemon juice, and Parmesan. Fill the tart shell and place back in the hot oven. Cook until set, about 10 minutes.
- Halve the tomatoes and toss them with the olive oil, sea salt, and chopped fresh basil.
- Let the tart cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a plate. Top the tart with the tomato mixture and additional fresh basil. Enjoy!