A green kale smoothie gets a tropical make-over with pineapple, coconut oil, lime, and banana.
- 4 ounces kale (about half a bunch)
- 16 ounces frozen or fresh pineapple*
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lime, squeezed and zested
- 2 1/2 cups cold, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- Blend the almond milk, banana, pineapple, kale, and lime juice/zest together.
- Melt the coconut oil until it is melted, but not hot. Slowly pour into the smoothie while it is mixing to avoid clumping of the oil.
- Sprinkle the Chia seeds on top of each smoothie glass.
This recipe fits in a 6-cup blender perfectly. Feel free to cut this recipe in half to make a smaller portion.
Use frozen pineapple and frozen banana to make this smoothie frosty-cold goodness. If using fresh pineapple, you may want to add ice.