Turkey Sweet Potato Chili is a hearty and nutritious meal that is packed with protein and fiber. It tastes even better as leftovers, so meal prep is welcomed!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 28-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 medium Hannah sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Greek yogurt, lime, shredded cheddar, and/or brown rice, for serving
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large Dutch oven or pot. Once hot, add the diced onions, carrots, and bell pepper. Sauté the vegetables until they are softened and the onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
Add in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the ground turkey. Crumble and cook the turkey until it is no longer pink. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, another 2 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes and chicken bone broth until completely combined. Bring the chili to a simmer, then stir in the sweet potatoes and kidney beans.
Cook the chili over a medium simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender and all of the flavors have melded, about 35-40 minutes.
Serve the chili over brown rice, if desired. Top with your favorite toppings such as Greek yogurt, lime juice, and shredded cheddar. Enjoy!