Delicious and healthy vegan Avocado + Strawberry Green Smoothie Bowl is full of fiber, vitamins, and nutrients and a perfect way to start your day!
Happy Meatless Monday! (Bonus: I’m the Recipe of the Week over there!) As always, I’m honored to bring you a delicious, accessible, and meatless meal every Monday. Thinking about joining in on this awesome movement? You should! I talk all about the benefits here and here. This Monday, I’m bringing you a super simple and delicious Green Smoothie Bowl. This smoothie bowl is made with avocado, strawberries, spinach, kale, and coconut water. It’s vegan, dairy-free, and crazy easy to make.
Why make a smoothie bowl when you can just drink a smoothie? It’s really all about the toppings. Smoothie bowls are definitely more filling and can really feel like a more complete meal. Plus, they’re totally trending right now and you can be a star among your Instagram friends! They’re just so picture-worthy.
They’re made the same exact way as a smoothie, just a little thicker, and eaten with a spoon instead of a straw. But, yeah, they’re all about the toppings. And really, you could top them with just about anything.
Cocao nibs. Or chocolate chips. We don’t care. Go nuts.
A drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
The world is your
I like this recipe particularly because although it’s a green smoothie and packed full of green goodies, it also has strawberries and banana to give more of a fruity sweetness.
Kale and spinach make up the “green” portion of this bowl, delivering a large dose of fiber, vitamins, and nutrients. Frozen strawberries and bananas are a must for creating the thick, dreamy texture. Avocado gets on board by providing some healthy fats in addition to coconut oil, and coconut water keeps this smoothie dairy-free and light.
There you have it, my friends! What are your favorite smoothie bowl toppings? Do you prefer your smoothie in a glass or in a bowl? Tell me in the comments below!
Here are a few things you may need (or want) for this recipe:
This post includes affiliate links but are always products I love + recommend!
Enjoy this delicious Avocado and Strawberry Green Smoothie Bowl for breakfast or a healthy snack. It’s full of fiber, vitamins, and nutrients, and sure to keep you fuller than your average smoothie!
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups spinach (about one bunch)
- 1 cup kale, stemmed (about half of a bunch)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup coconut water (I used pineapple flavored)
- Ice, if needed, for thickening
- Chia seeds, unsweetened coconut, fresh strawberries, and banana slices.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. If using the coconut oil, melt it gently until slightly warm but not hot and drizzle in with the blender running.
- The smoothie should be thick due to the frozen banana and berries. If you would like to thicken it more, add ice until your desired consistency.