Loaded Potato Breakfast Burritos are a delicious and easy breakfast idea, perfect for make-ahead meal prep. With all the tasty fixin’s of your typical loaded baked potato, these can be made healthier and lower in carbs with a few simple swaps.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission®. All opinions are entirely my own.
I really love a good baked potato.
They’re super comforting to me, and always remind me of wintertime. The first restaurant I ever worked in when I was 16 made my favorite soup ever, an ultra-creamy Loaded Baked Potato Soup. A bowl of that on a chilly day was just perfect. I never got tired of that soup, even after working at that same restaurant for 5 years.
I mean, what’s not to love about a loaded baked potato? Hot, fluffy potato. Velvety sour cream. Savory, crisp bacon. Sharp cheddar cheese.
It already has so many of my favorite breakfast ingredients, too, which is why it was a no-brainer to create a Loaded Potato Breakfast Burrito.
Loaded baked potatoes aren’t exactly the slimmest option ever. I have no idea exactly how much of that cream-laden potato soup I must have consumed over the years. But I don’t have that 16-year-old metabolism anymore.
I’m always searching for ways to lighten up my favorite comfort foods. There’s nothing like a delicious burrito on the weekend, and burritos are also great make-ahead or meal-prep options.
It’s really simple to make these Loaded Potato Breakfast Burritos a bit better-for-you.
Here, we replace sour cream with protein and probiotic-packed Greek yogurt. For the bacon, I like using a high-quality uncured bacon or a turkey bacon if I want to lower the fat content. For the tortilla itself, Mission® Carb Balance Soft Flour Tortillas are my favorite here. They contain only 6g of net carbs per serving and taste exactly like a regular tortilla. I always enjoy creating recipes with Mission’s better-for-you options. My favorite part about these tortillas are that they contain 13g of fiber per serving. That is almost half of your daily recommended requirement!
Besides being loaded with fiber, these Loaded Potato Breakfast Burritos are packed with protein. Each burrito contains 31g of protein. You don’t have to sacrifice taste and quality in order to deliver benefits for people with dietary restrictions! Mission Carb Balance Tortillas give you the best of both worlds by supporting a more wholesome lifestyle where you get to enjoy the food and flavors without sacrificing your New Year’s resolutions. The tortillas are soft, delicious and great for all kinds of meals and snacks. This is great for people with big resolutions who still want bold flavor. All of the ingredients in the burrito are low-carb as well, except the potato itself which we only use a small portion of. If you would like to make these even lower in carbs, swap the potatoes for rutabaga. Follow the directions exactly the same way and pan-sear them until tender and caramelized. So good!
What are your resolutions for the New Year? Mine includes strengthening my yoga practice, spending less time on my phone, and eating more breakfast. I’m pretty bad about skipping breakfast sometimes, so these burritos are sure to help!
Want a chance to win a Fitbit® tracker?!
Enter by going to http://www.missiontochange.com or on Twitter by including #MissionToChange and #Sweepstakes and sharing your New Year’s resolution! Don’t forget to head over to www.MissiontoChange.com for more information!
I hope that you make and enjoy these low-carb Loaded Potato Breakfast Burritos! Visit Mission’s website for further inspiration and recipes and use the store locator to find where you can purchase the products. What are some of your New Year goals? Let us know in the comments below.
Loaded Potato Breakfast Burritos are a delicious and easy breakfast idea, perfect for make-ahead meal prep. With all the tasty fixin’s of your typical loaded baked potato, these can be made healthier with a few simple swaps.
- 6 ounces turkey bacon or uncured bacon, diced
- 2 cups diced gold potatoes or rutabaga (or 1 cup of each)
- 4 eggs
- 4 Mission® Carb Balance Tortillas
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Additional topping ideas (optional): salsa, diced fresh tomatoes, guacamole, and/or shredded lettuce
- In a sauté pan or cast iron skillet, sauté the diced bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat (or use olive oil) and sauté the diced potatoes or rutabaga until tender and caramelized. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and form a ‘hole’ in the center of the pan, pouring the eggs in and scrambling them. Cook until the eggs are cooked through.
- Warm the tortillas between two damp paper towels in the microwave for 35 seconds.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt on each tortilla. Fill with the potato/rutabaga and egg mixture. Top with the crisp bacon and 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with the chopped chives and roll the burrito. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 burrito
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 31g