Delicious plant-based burgers get paired with a savory homemade Vegan Pasta Salad dressed in a quick Italian vinaigrette. I teamed up with Sweet Earth Awesome Burger to bring you this post.
Awesome Plant-Based Burgers
What if I told you that my current favorite burger doesn’t contain meat at all?
That’s right. My current favorite burger is completely plant-based, and incredibly delicious.
Sweet Earth’s new Awesome Burger is 100% plant-based and bursting with flavor. I don’t miss the beef at all — this burger is juicy, decadent, and savory. Even my carnivorous husband loved this patty.
With 26g of protein and 6g of fiber, I feel pretty good about making this swap, too.
A burger this good deserves an awesome side, which is why I created this vegan pasta salad.
How to Make Awesome Vegan Pasta Salad
Making delicious vegan pasta salad is easy.
Keep all of the traditional flavors of your typical Italian antipasto pasta salad and rely on bold, briny, savory, sweet, and fresh flavors.
I like to use various ingredients for a balance of not only flavors, but textures.
The Ingredients in Vegan Pasta Salad
- any short pasta of your choice
- fresh vegetables (blanched asparagus, fresh tomatoes, crunchy bell pepper, red onion)
- pickled, roasted, and marinated flavors (roasted red peppers, pepperoncinis, marinated artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes)
- beans (cannellini or chickpeas)
- fresh herbs
- zesty homemade Italian vinaigrette
By following this basic guide of flavors, you’ll get an incredible end result.
And don’t be afraid of making your own vinaigrettes. It’s so much better than the bottled stuff, and easy as can be. Just toss it all together in a mason jar and shake until combined.
This homemade zesty Italian vinaigrette is made with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, dried herbs, Dijon, crushed red pepper, fresh lemon juice, and a pinch of sugar.
Paired with the Sweet Earth Awesome Burger, this is one awesome plant-based dinner.
Check out the new Sweet Earth Awesome Burger and our other plant-based recipes! What is your favorite pasta salad additions? Let us know below!Print
Vegan Pasta Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 1x
This Vegan Pasta Salad is full of bright, savory, briny, and delicious flavors. A easy homemade zesty Italian vinaigrette brings it all together.
- 1 pound dry short pasta, such as rotini
- 1 small bunch asparagus
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 heaping cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup black olives
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and make the dressing.
- In a mason jar or medium bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic powder, oregano, basil, crushed red pepper, sugar, salt, and pepper. Shake vigorously (if using a mason jar) or whisk until combined.
- Add the chopped red onion to the dressing and allow to sit (to mellow).
- Cook the pasta in the water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Rinse the pasta under cold water. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the same pot of water and cook until just tender but still bright green, about 6 minutes. Plunge the asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking. Once cool, chop.
- Add the asparagus, cherry tomatoes, olives, bell pepper, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, beans, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh parsley to the pasta. Add the dressing and toss until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt as needed.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 338
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Fat: 19.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 36.7g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 7.3g
Candy Rachelle says
That is a great vegan recipe! Looks really yummy! I would love to try this.
jessica may says
This looks so fresh and satisfying, absolutely delicious!! I must try it!!
Clare Minall says
This is a must try recipe. Burger and pasta are the best pair. I didn’t try this vegan pasta and plant base burger. but i would really make this awesome recipe of yours ASAP! Thank you!
Terri Steffes says
Pasta salads are so easy to make and you can use various ingredients, which is why it’s so much fun. I’d have to try those vegan burgers!
Yeah Lifestyle says
The vegan pasta and plant based burger looks delicious! I would love to give this a try as been trying to eat more healthily recently
Catherine Santiago Jose says
Everything looks really good and tasty and I would love to try this at home. Thanks for sharing!
Sue-Tanya Mchorgh says
This plant based burger has me intrigued. It looks so yummy.
Great combination everything looks delicious! I want to try plant base burger. I just may really soon.
Gervin Khan says
The burger and the vegan pasta looks really delicious. Honestly, seeing these makes me really hungry, yummy!
I didn’t eat meat for nearly 3 years. I tried so many plant based burgers and was surprised at how delicious many of them were!
Only recently gave the impossible burger a chance and really liked it. Will have to check this one out as well. Thanks!
The recipe for the pasta is awesome, so healthy and full of colorful vegetables. Pleasant to the eyes and appetite. Love it.
Cristina Petrini says
I’ve heard so much about it and even though I’m not vegan, they attract me, I love vegetables!
Kara Guppy says
That looks very tasty
Always on the lookout for a good veggie burger! Thanks for the Rec. Salad looks 💯 too!
This looks delicious! I’m always looking for a delicious veggie burger- thanks for the Rec/review! Pasta salad looks 💯 as well!
My auntie makes us a yummy vegan salad every time we come over for a family gathering I think we may be getting some this weekend!